Tired of your mesh network cutting your bandwidth in half or looking for an easy way to do things at the push of a button? I talk about my time with the Linksys Velop and the Fibaro Button. I visit briefly the Zipato home automation controller to see how it stacks up with the US based competitors.
Smart Home HQ is a proud member of the Geeks Network! Find out more information at TheGeeksNetwork.com
- Linksys Velop
- Tri-Band – no meshing performance drops.
- 2x 5Ghz radios and a 2.4Ghz radio. One Radio for linking.
- Two-Gigabit Ethernet ports per node.
- Bluetooth LE for app setup.
- Power bridge, on the larger size taking up two-plugs on a power strip.
- Zigbee radio hidden inside, future firmware update and an unknown purpose.
- Fibaro Button
- 6 Actions possible (1-5 press’ or press and hold).
- Small, light, can be mounted with double-sided tape (included) or just sitting down.
- Easy to replace battery.
- Plastic, keep away from the pets.
- Z-wave on it’s own.
- Modular, add backup battery, 3G backup, security zones, zigbee.
- Android tablet.
- Side load apk’s
- Z-wave, Zigbee, wireless, Ethernet via micro-usb adapter.
- Powered by Micro-Usb
- No direct POE support, but you could get a POE-to-USB converter to hide in a new-work box.
- Wall-mount built in.
- Can use built-in web came as an ip-camera through the Zipato software.
- Intercom functionality
- Ties into SIP doorbell and lock systems
- Room-to-Room calling
- Home to mobile app calling.
Click ‘Send a Voice Message’ link on the home page or go to http://podcast.smarthomehq.net/voicemail
Send an E-Mail